Houses for Sale in Edmonton
AUDREY ABUAN - RE/MAX Real Estate REALTOR®
The Argyll neighbourhood is located on land that was once identified by the first river lot and township surveys of the Edmonton Settlement as part of a half section of land held by J. Eamer who subdivided their property in 1912, just prior to its annexation to Edmonton in 1913.
Argyll remained substantially undeveloped until it was re-plotted and developed in the 1950s with residential homes. The community is a predominantly stand alone house residential area, located between two branches of the Mill Creek Ravine and terminating at Argyll Road. The vast majority of houses were developed just after World War II between 1946 and 1960.
This neighbourhood was originally called Edmonton City Heights, but it was renamed Argyll in honour of Sir Douglas Sutherland Campbell, who was the ninth Duke of Argyll and Marquess of Lorne. Most homes in Argyll are owner occupied.