Houses for Sale in Edmonton
AUDREY ABUAN - RE/MAX Real Estate REALTOR®
The Gold Bar area was originally known as Gold Bar Farm, which might be a reference to gold prospectors along this section of the North Saskatchewan River. Homes in Gold Bar Edmonton are located in the Capilano district, bounded by 50 Street, Gold Bar and Goldstick Parks and 101st Avenue to the south. A view of Goldstick Park, Gold Bar Ravine, and the river valley is possible on the north, east, and south sides of the neighbourhood. Development in Gold Bar occurred primarily during the 1950s.
The predominant structure type is the stand alone houses, which accounts for three quarters of the total dwelling units. A concentration of row housing units are located in the southern portion of Gold Bar.
Goldstick Park was named after Rabbi Hyman Goldstick, who was Edmonton’s first rabbi. Goldstick came to Edmonton in 1906 to assume teaching and religious leadership of the city’s small Jewish community. Rabbi Goldstick moved to Edson in 1912, where he served as mayor, town councillor, and a member of the school board.