Homes for Sale in Edmonton
AUDREY ABUAN - RE/MAX Real Estate REALTOR®
Homes in King Edward Park Edmonton are in the Argyll area bounded by 82 and 76 Avenues. The portion of King Edward Park between 91 and 75 Street was annexed by Edmonton in 1913, but the majority of real estate development in the area did not occur until the 1950s. Early residents of this area were able to hear the train whistles of the Edmonton, Yukon, and Pacific Railway as trains wound their way through the Mill Creek Ravine. The railway tracks have since been replaced with a pathway that connects the ravine to the North Saskatchewan River Valley park system.
Detached houses account for just over 50 percent of the structures in King Edward Park, and one quarter of the properties are found in low-rise apartments, with the remainder of multi-unit homes located in semi-detached residences and row housing. The homes at the western end of King Edward Park are generally the oldest.
King Edward Park was named before it was annexed to the City of Edmonton. It commemorates King Edward VII 1841-1910, the eldest son of Queen Victoria.