Houses for Sale in Edmonton
AUDREY ABUAN - RE/MAX Real Estate REALTOR®
Located just west of the municipal airport lands in north central Edmonton, Prince Charles is situated on land owned, at the time of the first river lot and township surveys of the Edmonton Settlement, by N. McCauley and A. Wilson. The Wilson holding later became part of the Hagmann Estate. Prince Charles was first subdivided in 1905 and housing development was spurred by the extension of the electric street car line. Over time, Prince Charles developed as a mostly single family homes area.
The final surge of houses occurred during the late 1940s and 1950s, when the demand for residential lots finally caught up to the supply. The residential housing stock in Prince Charles is varied, spanning approximately 100 years of development. Houses built before World War II sit next to new homes built in the 2000s.
Prince Charles was originally known as North Inglewood. In 1953, the existing elementary school was renamed in honour of HRH Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales.