About CFB Edmonton Garrison
CFB Edmonton Garrison
CFB Garrison is located in Sturgeon County, bounded by the northeast border of Edmonton and covers 2550 hectares of land. The main site is named Steele Barracks after Sir Samuel Steele, an original founding member of the Northwest Mounted Police.
The 3rd Canadian Division Support Base Edmonton, called CFB Garrison is one of Canada's best Canadian Armed forces Bases and a great place to be posted and offers several facilities and services for its members including...
- Arena, Exercise Facility Combat Training to Yoga
- An arena which features an outdoor and two indoor NHL standard rinks.
- A hobby shop, home of the Edmonton Garrison Auto Club and Wood Hobby Club.
- A community centre that offers several facilities including licensed daycare, library, and youth centre.
- A memorial equestrian centre that includes a large indoor and outdoor riding arenas, and a 42 stall barn.
- A large fitness facility r with multi-functional recreation and offers a wide range of programs and services. This facility includes a Cardio/Weight Room, Climbing Wall, Tactical Athlete Room, 4 full-size gym courts, 3 pools, squash courts, and an indoor running track.
- A memorial golf course stretched with championship tees totalling near 7000 yards.
- The famous Edmonton Garrison curling club facilities where you can bring your friends to enjoy some great food and drinks on our patio during the summer or inside during the winter.
- Three distinct messes which members and the public can book conferences, private functions, weddings, parties, events, and other activities.