Buying on Your HHT with a BGRS REALTOR®
We are here to help. Our HHT REMAX Military REALTORS® are BGRS approved and here to help you with your Edmonton house hunting trip. We have helped hundreds of Canadian Armed Forces Members move to and from Edmonton and the surrounding area including Morinville, Gibbons, Bon Accord, and St. Albert.. All of our suppliers are on the IRP Global Brookfield Relocations Service list. Book Your HHT to Edmonton with a BGRS REALTORS®r at 780-910-5179 and we will help make your move to CFB Garrison easy.
House Hunting Checklist
Welcome to the Canadian Armed Forces Base Edmonton Garrison.
Below is a list of things you will need on your HHT -house hunting trip. If you have any questions or need more information, feel free to contact us anytime.
- A valid copy of your posting message including your BGRS number. You will need to supply your Brookfield number for one of our BGRS certified property inspectors for your new home.
- Your mortgage pre-approval letter. If you would like to use a local mortgage broker who is familiar with the military buy down, we can help. Having your finance pre-approval already in place will save you both money and time.
- Bring, email, text any MLS #’s of the homes want to view during your house hunting trip and we will have the appointments already set to view prior to your arrival.
- Bring your chequebook. Once you find a home on your HHT, you will need to put down a deposit. If you don't have a chequebook, ensure that your bank is located in Edmonton.
- If your spouse is also coming on your house hunting trip, have them bring their resume and information to register any children in our schools.
- Bring slip-on footwear for spring, summer, and winter jackets - This is Edmonton!
Bring in the "Chi" into your Edmonton Home
Creating a calming ambience in your home is essential when selling. Buyers want to feel at welcomed the moment they step into your home. Below are a few ways to create a welcoming atmosphere.
Declutter, Clean and Organize Everything
Rule of thumb: If you do not plan on using it in the next three months, pack it away or store it.
Clutter reduces the opportunity for feng shui to shine throughout your the entire home. Clear clutter from all rooms, closets, cupboards and drawers.
Clean windows are crucial for good feng shui to flow as they symbolize your eyes to the world and allow light and energy to enter your home. Fix any squeaky doors or floors to create positive energy in each room. Open windows to create a fresh room filled with oxygen. Do not use strong air fresheners.
Provide a Strong Feng Shui Front Entrance
Your home primary gets its flow of chi energy through the front door so it is important to ensure the chi energy is strong and well maintained. "Wow" your guests as they enter your home. Create a welcoming entrance within eyesight of your front entrance with beautiful furniture, decor and color. Maintain the quality of your entrance, keeping it clutter-free and sparkling. Add a fresh coat of paint to the front door if needed, and remove old mats. Add a water fountain or a healthy-looking plant to your entrance (even if it is fake).
Create a Comfy Living Room
Your living room should feel large, inviting and comfortable. Avoid using furniture in the middle of the room and place your couches and love seats along a solid wall creating a feeling of more space. Add accent color by using small throw pillows. You can also increase energy for activating natural elements by adding plants, flowing water, wood decor and a fireplace throughout the room.
Build Boundaries in the Bedroom
Remove televisions, computers or exercise equipment as these things bring the energy of work and stress into a room that is meant for relaxation and romance. Having enough room for a bedside table on each side is important, as well as avoiding having your bed in line with the door.
Feng Shui Your Bathroom
Water attracts an abundance of wealth in feng shui and lots of water escapes the home through toilets, sinks and showers. Make sure you keep the toilet seat down and the bathroom door shut to keep positive energy from escaping.
Keep the Kitchen Happy
The heart of the home is the kitchen and in a perfect Feng, Shui home would be located in the centre of the dwelling. This is an important part of your home to attract health and prosperity. Add a bowl of fresh fruit, flowers or plants bring uplifting life and energy into this important area. Don't forget to keep counters clutter-free!