Before moving to Edmonton, find a trusted REALTOR® to help you find the right neighbourhood for you, navigate you through the home buying process and help make purchasing a home as smooth as possible. Buying a home can be stressful. Buying a home in a city you don’t know very well, adds an extra layer of stress. Take the time to find the right REALTOR® before you relocate to help make your move easier.
Here are a couple of ways to find a REALTOR® in another city?
- Ask REALTORS® you know in your current city if they know a REALTOR® in they would recommend.
- Ask friends or family living in your new city if they have a REALTOR® they would recommend.
- Search for a REALTOR using REALTOR.ca. Use more search criteria to find a REALTOR® with specific designations (i.e. Canadian Employee Relocation Specialist).
- Search for a REALTOR online by using Google such as "Edmonton Relocation Realtors".
Here are a few questions to ask when hiring a REALTOR® in another city?
- Find out the REALTORS® certifications (i.e. Canadian Employee Relocation Specialist or Accredited Buyer's Representative designation, an approved BGRS military supplier).
- Ask the REALTOR® how they will assist in finding the right neighbourhood for you? Do they specialize in a specific area or work in the whole city?
- Ask the REALTOR® about the neighbourhood crime rates you are interested in. Before you move you want to have a good idea about the safety of the community.
- Ask the REALTOR® if they do an in-person buyer consultation to inform you about the buying process and answer all your real estate questions.
Here are a few additional tips to help make your move to a new city smoother.
- Make notes about what type of neighbourhood you want to live in? Close to the downtown core, suburban, mature or new community, a lake community, estate neighbourhood etc.
- Make a list of all the things you would like in the neighbourhood you want to live in (i.e. public transit, schools, recreational facility, shopping etc.)
- If you have school-age children, what type of school do you want them to attend? Public, private, Catholic, Francophone, etc. Do you want them to walk to school or can they take the bus?
- It’s important to find the right REALTOR® for you before you move to a new city. A REALTOR® will answer all your questions, provide you with the information and insights you need, help you avoid costly mistakes, and make sure you’re heading in the right direction.
Contact Audrey Abuan, Edmonton REALTOR® and Relocation Specialist. 780-910-5179