Bulyea Heights Homes for Sale
Browse our MLS® listed Bulyea Heights homes for sale in Riverbend southwest Edmonton. Learn the current market value of your Bulyea Heights home and what price it will sell for today. We can provide all information on recently sold Bulyea Heights houses including the numbers of days it took to sell! - Free Riverbend House Prices Assessments
Bulyea Heights Edmonton Properties
16 BUTTERWORTH Point Edmonton MLS® E4273981 Bulyea Heights House Half Duplex
16 BUTTERWORTH Point Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2S3$663,000CondoCourtesy of Alan H Gee of RE/MAX Elite
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,381 sq. ft.221 m2LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. MILLION $ view! Enjoy the tranquility & spectacular sunsets overlooking the Whitemud Creek RAVINE. Brookview Estates is nestled in a quiet cul de sac of luxury duplex condos. Beautiful 2381 sf bungalow w/a bright sunny south facing yard. Open concept plan with 9 ft ceilings, formal dining rm, ideal for those that love to entertain. Sunlit great rm w/a 3 sided FP. Relax on your deck & enjoy Nature's beauty. Features of the main floor are a stunning open tread curved stairwell, terrific kitchen, den, 2nd Bedrm, 3 pc bath, laundry & the Primary bedrm w/a 5 pc ensuite & W/I closet. The 2nd sty loft (over 600 sf) can be a secondary master bedrm or use it as a bonus rm/ studio- it even has a fireplace & a private balcony. Basement development incl 2 bedrms, a 4 pc bath, large rec rm & 2 storage rms. Dry pond is just steps away. A rare opportunity to live a care free lifestyle in a private well managed complex. Close to shopping, eateries & the Rec Centre. Locations like this are RARE More details
711 BURTON Crescent Edmonton MLS® E4273472 Bulyea Heights House
711 BURTON Crescent Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2J1$839,900Single FamilyCourtesy of Eduard Deprato of Sweetly
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,856 sq. ft.265 m2Over 2800sf of EXECUTIVE, FAMILY HOME EXCELLENCE. 5 beds, 4 baths; 1 with STEAM SHOWER! Quiet Cul-Du-Sac location with walking trails right out your door! Wide OPEN concept. Grand FOYER entrance! Cathedral ceilings, SPIRAL STAIRCASE, massive windows for loads of natural light w/HUNTER DOUGLAS coverings. Central GOURMET/Island kitchen with GRANITE counters, stainless appliances, commercial size sink/stove. Major reno in 2012. MASSIVE, PRIVATE lot with RV pad PLUS TRIPLE car HEATED garage which has floor drain and hot/cold water. HUGE master with walk-in closet and SPA-LIKE ensuite. 2 wood burning fireplaces, 2 furnaces. Private RHINO Deck w/natural gas bbq connection perfect for the weekend! LARGE and FUNCTIONAL mud-room with built-ins off garage entry. PROFESSIONALLY finished basement. Fibre optics to property. LIFETIME metal roof. SOOO much WOW FACTOR! More details
572 BUTTERWORTH Way Edmonton MLS® E4263932 Bulyea Heights House
572 BUTTERWORTH Way Zone 14 Edmonton T6R 2P6$614,800Single FamilyCourtesy of Mani Bagga of Royal LePage Noralta Real Estate
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,723 sq. ft.253 m2Welcome to Bulyea Heights! This fabulous 2722 sqft, 2 storey mansion boasts 4+2 bedrooms plus den, 5 baths, double attached garage & FULLY FINISHED BASEMENT. Customize this home to your liking with a $20,000 RENO CREDIT from the sellers! Upon entering are the 18ft ceilings, the formal living room w/enormous bay windows & amidst the pillars & arches is the exquisite dining room. The spotless chef's dream kitchen has plenty of cabinetry, island, stainless steel appliances, pantry & nook, which is adjacent to the large family room w/fireplace. Also find the bdrm/den, laundry & 2 pce bath on this level. The staircase takes you to the lavish master suite w/ 4 pce spa ensuite and walk in closet. To follow are 3 more bedrooms and 4 pce bath. The FULLY FINISHED basement offers ample rec space, 2 additional bedrooms, 3 pce ensuite and 2 pce bath, with tons of storage! Welcome home! More details
Riverbend & Bulyea Heights Real Estate Listings
Bulyea Heights is located in Riverbend south of the University of Alberta, west of Rhatigan Ridge, bounded by Terwillegar Drive, and a beautiful southwest Edmonton ravine. It was named after George Hedley Vicars Bulyea who was the first lieutenant governor in Alberta. Residential real estate development and Bulyea Heights homes for sale offer a diverse housing community from retirement condominiums, to "move up homes", to luxury upscale properties and is an impressive, highly sought after Riverbend community with upper, middle-class dwellings along with Buchanan and Burton Road to executive luxury real estate along with Burly and Butterworth Drive.
Bulyea Heights is one area of the city which offers larger than average backyards with larger than average homes, many of which feature walkout basements built near the end of the last century and have indoor living space well over 4500 square feet which back onto walking paths and ravines. The academic George H. Luck Elementary School is located in Bulyea Heights Edmonton on a large green space which offers tennis courts, an ice rink and is used for many community outdoor sports activities.
Most homes in Bulyea Heights are traditional two-storey houses with attached garage, spacious in size and built on larger than average city lots with mature trees and beautiful landscaping. While some of these houses have been renovated and updated in recent years, most Bulyea Heights homes have been largely untouched but well-maintained. Prices for single-family houses in Bulyea Heights Edmonton start around $500,000 and range upwards well into the million-dollar range. Bulyea Heights townhomes and duplexes start at just under $300,000.
Bulyea Heights Community Highlights
- named after George Hedley Vicars Bulyea, the first Lieutenant-Governor of Alberta.
- forms part of Brookview in Riverbend
- southwest Edmonton community
- main access roads are Terwillegar Drive and Rabbit Hill Road
- real estate construction mid-eighties to turn of the century
- several houses back onto Whitemud Creek South
- retail and professional services include Boston Pizza, Husky gas and Montessori Child Development
- tennis courts, paved walkways and a water feature
More about the man who is named for Bulyea Heights Edmonton
The Honorable George Hedley Vicars Bulyea, First Lieutenant-Governor of Alberta was born in New Brunswick in 1859, the son of prosperous farmers of that Province. He attended grammar school in Gagetown followed by a “scholastic education” at the University of New Brunswick. He graduated in 1878 with a B.A. degree, at the head of his class and with first honours in mathematics and French language. Upon graduation, he worked as a grammar school teacher in New Brunswick. In 1883 he moved to Qu’Appelle, Assiniboia (now referred to as Saskatchewan) and became a dealer of furniture, flour, and feed. In 1894 Bulyea was elected to the North-West Council where it is noted that “his services were highly appreciated”. Four years later he was appointed the Administrator of Territorial Affairs in the Yukon. He was later appointed Minister of Agriculture followed by Minister of Public Works for the Northwest Territories. When the time came for the creation of a new province it was felt that Bulyea was the right person to start the Province of Alberta on safe ground. On September 1, 1905, in the City of Edmonton, a 21 gun salute was fired, the oath was read, Mr Bulyea kissed the bible and the Province of Alberta was born. In October 1910, Mr Bulyea was re-appointed Lieutenant-Governor for a second term. At the completion of his second term as Lieutenant-Governor, he continued his career in politics in the position of Chairman of the Board of Public Utilities.
The History of Alberta, Volume 1 describes Bulyea as “a man of distinction in political, business and social circles”. John Blue, an author of Alberta, Past & Present, described Bulyea as “a man who displays integrity, the single-mindedness of purpose and executive force....in handling public problems he looks beyond the exigencies of the moment to the opportunities and possibilities of the future and his course has received wide commendation throughout the province”.
Mr Bulyea was a member of the Edmonton Club and the Edmonton Golf & Country Club. His religion was Baptist. Although his chief sources of recreation were travelling and driving (horses), his identification with public affairs formed the chief interest of his life. Upon retiring from politics Mr. & Mrs Bulyea moved to Peachland, B.C. The honourable GHV. Bulyea died in July of 1928 at the age 69 years.
We acknowledge with great respect the dedication that Bulyea had to our province and for that reason, Bulyea Heights, Bulyea Road, and Bulyea Park have been named after him.