How to Choose a Buyers Real Estate Agent
First decide whether you want to work with or without representation. You have a few options when choosing a real estate agent for the purpose of buying a home in Edmonton and the surrounding area.
You can choose to buy a home without a real estate agent, dealing directly with listing agents, or for sale by owners. There are several reasons to work with a licensed Realtor in the province of Alberta including.
- The representative agent's Fiduciary Duties
- A buyer does not pay commissions. The agents fees are normally paid for through the sellers lawyer when under an exclusive Buyers Brokerage Agreement
- Real estate agents will ensure you are getting fair market value and not over paying through several REALTOR® tools including a "Buyers Comparative Market Anaylsis"
- Property Titles are pulled to ensure the legitimacy of owners and to determine if dower is applicable, there are no special assessments, lis pendens, creditors, liens and other concerns which could complicate or delay closings.
- Address any concerns or issues with your real property report including any set backs, easements, restrictions and compliance from the city.
- Depending on a real estate agent experience and thier designations will be a factor on the service you recieve which should be outlined in your first meeting. Feel free to ask your real estate agent plenty of questions.
- Your Realtor can set you up on an auto-prospecting system which will enable you to view new homes within your personal search criteria within an hour of the property hitting the market.
- Read More on "How to purchase a home"
Make your expectations known: If you expect your real estate agent to pick you up at your front door and drive you home after showing homes, tell them. Many will provide this service. If not, they will ask you to meet at the office. Let your agent know how you want to communicate. Do you prefer phone calls, emails, text messages or all of the above? Remember once you are under a buyers agreement, it is our job to provide you with our best service and help you find your best home.
Choosing Great Real Estate Selling Agents
Choosing Great Real Estate Buying Agents
How Real Estate Agents Get Paid