Stony Plain Alberta Homes for Sale
Stony Plain is one of Alberta's largest towns a few minutes west of Spruce Grove located in Parkland County. It is best known for its colourful painted murals representing different time periods, events and people throughout its history and its luxury acreage homes.
This town west of Edmonton is a great place to live and raise a young family and offers a total of eight schools, an outdoor swimming pool, and a BMX park. Stony Plain Alberta is best known for hosting cultural events like the Harvest Festival, Great White North Triathlon, Farmers’ Days Rodeo and the Blueberry Bluegrass Music Festival. For more information on Stony Plain Alberta and properties west of Edmonton, to schedule a showing, or receive a free house evaluation, contact us 780-910-5179 or click here. Or search Stony Plain homes for sale below by community.
Stony Plain Houses, Homes & Real Estate Listings
Stony Plain Alberta Highlights
Stony Plain History
- was originally known as Dog Rump Creek.
- Alex McNabb and McPherson were the first homesteaders in the area
- steadily growing municipality
Stony Plain Attractions
- several cultural locations, including Parkland Pioneer Museum, Multicultural Centre Public Art Gallery
- painted murals representing various periods on buildings
- minutes from major fishing holes and campgrounds
- a popular place to live for hunters & nature lovers
- Stony Plain public golf course
Stony Plain Real Estate
- Stony Plain has several houses which were built from the early 40s to the late 50s.
- house construction in Stony Plain has been non-stop since the 1970s
- Genesis on the Lake luxury community
- vacant lots for new builds currently available
- a few historic buildings still standing